Commitment to Accurate Performance
Genetic Trends | TCP Index explained
Underpinning Meat Elite Australia's success is a commitment by MEA stud managers to provide excellent quality data/information for genetic evaluation by SGA Lambplan and for group and client use. We recognise that objective measurement is only as good as the raw data on which it is based. That is why MEA members:
- select for low/moderate birth weights based on actual birthday weighing and individual identification, DNA testing as required,
- ensure birth type (single/multiples) and rearing type are accurate,
- collect weaning, post weaning weights from consistent management groups
- scan all progeny for eye muscle and fat score depth,
- undertake individual sheep worm resistance testing,
- extensive AI use across group to increase accuracy of performance evaluation,
- every Meat Elite ram delivers an extra 1kg of carcas weight at the same age.
Meat Elite breeders understand SG Lambplan and will happily explain Australian Sheep Breeding Values data to you because we believe helping clients select rams that are most suited to their needs, is a major factor in helping you have a more profitable lamb enterprise.
Meat Elite members identified the following values as essential for our operation and the relationship we have with our clients.
- Honesty and trust
- Personal service
- Shared information and knowledge
- Commitment to the industry
- Working together for mutual benefit